Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA/AnyConnect: IPSec VPN - authentication only with certificates

danielscharf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there any possibility to authenticate ipsec vpn only with certificates (like cisco concentrator 3000). It seems to me that cisco asa extract information from certificate and check against an user-database (local, radius and so on)

thank you

kind regards

daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel,

A colleague of mine was doing a similar test. Apparently setting webvpn attributes "authentication" to certificate applies also to IKEv2 (as strange as it sounds). I cannot confirm it based on my own exprience but that it looks like it was working correctly.

Regarding IKEv1 authentication settings they are here.

Marcin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel,

If you're talking about pure IKE:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/i3.html#wp1881490 set this to "none"

For webvpn:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/a2.html#wp1665163 set this to "certificate" only.

Orrrrrr are you using IKEv2 on anyconnect?

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

I would like to use IKEv2 with cisco AnyConnect...

Thank you for the links - I will study that.

Kind regards

Daniel

Hi Marcin,

the first document is very helpul but do you know where the option 'ikev1 user-authentication' (CLI) can be configured also over ASDM ??? In my opinion that should be possible at connection profile configuration but theres is no option...

thank you

kind regards

daniel

Daniel,

A colleague of mine was doing a similar test. Apparently setting webvpn attributes "authentication" to certificate applies also to IKEv2 (as strange as it sounds). I cannot confirm it based on my own exprience but that it looks like it was working correctly.

Regarding IKEv1 authentication settings they are here.

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

thank you a lot, that helps me!

Kind regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card