Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Firewalls Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: ASA & ASDM upgrade

Hi

ok thanks for both your answers and suggestions (kusankar and allenpch) i think i understand - and it sort of makes sense.

i will try this - have to do it out of hours on thursday night (UK time) - so i will repost on friday morning (UK time) what the results are

dickon

Beginner

ok great!

thanks very much - did this last night and it worked perfectly! it's nice to know that there is an up to date software on the system rather than something 2 years old - which was a year out of date when we bought the device!

is there a particular version of java which will work with this version - i have been holding back on java 6 update 7, since anything newer would not work with the 5.0(8) asdm. which level can i upgrade to?

at some point i will investigate upgrading to 8.X when i have the time....- i see there are other discussions discussing this  and i don't want to break everything for everybody!

cheers for all the help

dickon

Contributor

Hi Dickon,

Glad to hear you were able to successfully upgrade the ASA.  Here are the Release Notes for ASDM 5.2(5), seems like any version of Java 6 is supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa72/asdm52/release/notes/asdmrn525.html#wp156974

Hope that helps!

Beginner

sorry for digging up old thread.

i am preparing to upgrade my asa(7.0(8) and adsm 5.0(8), and realised that i need to do it in an increment manner.

i am looking to upgrade to the latest asa 8.3 and adsm available.

what are the software version sequence i should take?

something like this for ASA - 7.0(8) > 7.1 > 7.2 > 8.0 > 8.1 > 8.2 > 8.3

Cisco Employee

Right. You should have spun up a new thread.

Here is the link: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12690

-KS

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks