Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA error logs

Ramesh Babu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We are getting following error, kindly tell me meaning for this error.

Jul 31 04:12:12 Jul 31 2015 04:12:11: %ASA-4-313005: No matching connection for ICMP error message: icmp src outside:19.18.54.2 dst inside:10.8.1.11 (type 3, code 3) on outside interface. Original IP payload: udp src 10.8.1.11/53 dst 19.18.54.2/54991.

We unable to identify the what is the exact source ip address.

Please tell me how to resolve this issues.

1 Reply 1

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Seems to me that the internal host is probably trying to connect to some remote host and the ASA receives a Type 3 Code 3 ICMP error message that tells that the remote host in unreachable or the destination port was not listening/replying to a connection attempt.

Does the output of "show run policy-map" show a "inspect icmp error" configuration under it? To my understanding it not enabled by default. Also "inspect icmp" is not enabled by default.

But as I said, to my understanding the message tells us that the ASA can not see a matching connection to which this ICMP Error message corresponds to. It might be because missing the "inspect icmp error". I am not really sure. The actual ICMP error message incoming seems to suggest that your internal host(s) are trying to connect to some remote host that is not accepting the connections or just is not listening on that port.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card