Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA FIREWALL ISSUES

EdwinThoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Recently , I have a problem about upgrading From Old ASA 5510 to ASA5508-X and when finish deploy the new ASA5508-X and found the internet will goes down after 30 minutes. when i switch it back to Old ASA5510 and it is working fine , i found something weird was when i try to trace route and the next hop was a private lan IP which is 192.168.1.x <<this is ISP modem router lan interface IP. refer to below diagram.

ASA.PNG

Below details hope you guys could help me figure out :

Old ASA5510 firmware version 8.2(5) 59

New ASA5508-X firmware version 9.6.2

when i swap ASA 5508-X with new firmware and the internet will goes down around 20 minutes .. but its working fine with old ASA 5510...........

Could anyone please help on this matter.

Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple of question your setup.

1. you have mentioned 121.x.x.x for ASA, how is your DSL Modem configured for this ?

2. if the internet goes down after 20min ? if you reboot the ASA or DSL, did the internet come back ?

can you post both the configs to review, old and new, there may be small syntax changed.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

1. you have mentioned 121.x.x.x for ASA, how is your DSL Modem configured for this ?

121.x.x.x / 30  example : ASA=121.x.x.42 and ADSL=121.x.x.41

2. if the internet goes down after 20min ? if you reboot the ASA or DSL, did the internet come back ?

After apply clear arp command and the internet is up again but will still goes down after 20 minutes.

File as attached.

Old Config

If you have CCO Account have a look 8.2 to 9.X conversion tool.

https://fwm.cisco.com/auth.do

In the mean time when i get chance i will review your config, since config is too big.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card