Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA implicit deny rule

ANGELO DE MASI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 5550 working in routed mode with 8.0(4) version. My configuration have one physical interface in tunnel mode with 4 subinterface, 3 of them are inside and the forth one is dmz interface. Another phisical interface is configured as Outside interface.

On the inside interfaces there are applied ACLs inbound to allow only permitted traffic and at the end of all ACL there are the implicit deny rule. As I excpected all and just all permitted traffic by acl are allowed to pass through inside interfaces to less secure interface as Outside, while all other traffic denied by implicit deny rule. Instead I am experiencing a strange behavior on the inside interfaces that i can't undestand, It seems as implicit deny rule not working and all traffic is permitted. To block traffic I needed to apply manually a deny any any rule to all inside interface's ACL.

Can pleas anyone help me to undestand this behaviour? Is it due a wrong configuration or just a bug?

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Thanks

angelo

2 Replies 2

Please post yoour config. All in all it should work as expected.

Hi Karsten,

thank you for your reply.

Issue is due the Cisco Bug ID CSCsq91277 . I solved to upgrade release on ASA.

Thank you anyway

Regards

angelo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card