Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA interim release notes missing again

Its getting really annoying now, and it is also always the same, Cisco posts a new interim update and it takes ages until the release notes are published. Can anyone from Cisco please fix this process for good? Looking at the latest 9.6.4 interim release (9.6.4(34)), it is now missing for two weeks, which is getting ridiculous.

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interim means, they may have released due to some bug which required to be released for the public to fix the issue to upgrade.

eventually they merged into major release with notes. 

I see until 33 release notes for now.

https://www.cisco.com/web/software/280775065/141317/ASA-964-Interim-Release-Notes.html

still you looking more granular 34 only contact TAC, they provide you what is fixed on that version.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No, this is not the case. There are specific release notes for all interim releases, specifying the bug IDs for which there are fixes contained in the release. This is standard procedure since years. And no, I am not going to open a TAC case just to workaround a broken process at Cisco.

I agree - the process is getting sloppy. I've noticed it on more than one product.

Interim release notes should be posted with every single interim release - no exceptions.

I will bring this up in the partner channels for what it's worth.

Thank you Marvin 😊

You're welcome.

Note the 9.4(4)34 interim release notes are now up to date.

Hi all, 

We worked with the BU to get these release notes updated. 

Thank you all for your patience.

- Monica

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead

Thank you all for the support, lets hope this works better in the future.

Interim or not. There need to be release notes period. It being a bug fix of sone sort or not. If there is any good reason to upgrade to anninterim version i would need to back that up towards my customers. Release notes are typically how this is done.
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: