cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA IOS upload In Rommon Mode

sajjadrizvi87
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upload asa image through tha Tftp process but it give me error Tftp cannot transfer as i followed all the steps such as

ADDRESS=xxxxxxx
SERVER=xxxxxxx
GATEWAY=xxxxxx

but in end it gives me error it cannot tranfer, kindly if there is another way to find the upload image ?

18 Replies 18

Hi Syed,

If you have any XP pc then you may copy hypertrm.exe and hypertrm.dll then you may use the hyperterminal by double clicking upon hypertrm.exe

Please rate if this is useful.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

hi thanveer

Thnak you for this suggestion as i did same and it was going all right but the file is still not transferring it shows me this error mentined below is snap shot

Dear Sajjad,

Please use the ZModem not Zmodem with crash recovery

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Before doing this make sure that your IOS is copied in your local desktop.

Is the ASA box is of prodution material or is it a spare box. If you have the backup ready then erase the ios and try zmodem. This may be helpful.

• Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting’s information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Regards
Thanveer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card