Views
Helpful
Replies

asa "show traffic" usage

luckymike33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a number of 5545X firewalls split into multiple contexts, and are seeing poor voice quality for some users. As part of the investigation I came across a sub-interface showing a large percentage of traffic being dropped, as indicated by the show traffic command. I suppose I am wondering the following:

1. Are the 'drop rate' figures accurate?

2. Could the 'drop rate' figure also be referring to traffic which is being dropped by the normal firewall rules?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give on this command.

Best wishes

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

depends on when you last cleared the interface counters as this is what is shown in the output of show traffic.  The input / output rate should be correct but the drops are cumulative.

2. Could the 'drop rate' figure also be referring to traffic which is being dropped by the normal firewall rules?

drop rate refers to all drops on the interface, including ACL drops.  You could use the show asp drop to get a closer insight into what is actually being dropped.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

depends on when you last cleared the interface counters as this is what is shown in the output of show traffic.  The input / output rate should be correct but the drops are cumulative.

drop rate refers to all drops on the interface, including ACL drops.  You could use the show asp drop to get a closer insight into what is actually being dropped.

--

--
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card