cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA software upgrade , Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.0(6)

Bledar Meta
Level 1
Level 1

i use this ASA :

asa# show version

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.0(6)
Device Manager Version 5.0(6)

System image file is "disk0:/asa706-k8.bin"
Hardware:  ASA5520, 512 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 4 Celeron 2000 MHz
Internal ATA Compact Flash, 256MB
BIOS Flash M50FW080 @ 0xffe00000, 1024KB

Encryption hardware device : Cisco ASA-55x0 on-board accelerator (revision 0x0)

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces : Unlimited
Maximum VLANs              : 100     
Inside Hosts                : Unlimited
Failover                    : Active/Active
VPN-DES                    : Enabled 
VPN-3DES-AES                : Enabled 
Security Contexts          : 2       
GTP/GPRS                    : Disabled 
VPN Peers                  : 750     

This platform has an ASA 5520 VPN Plus license.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need help to upgrade software pls !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's also Identity Firewall, license clustering, and Etherchannel features enabled on 8.4.

I've seen adoption rates for 8.4 increasing among customers (and it is what the TAC and Cisco SEs are recommending).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kimberly Adams
Level 3
Level 3

What specifically are you looking to do here?  Go to the latest code or just learn how to do the upgrades?  Is there a version you would like to upgrade to?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008067e9f9.shtml

This is a basic link on the process to upgrade the image on the ASA.

Thanks,

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.

I just need to upgrade my software it is really to old .

I can not open the link above : 

Forbidden File or Application

All you need to do is go to Cisco.com and in the search bar put in ASA Upgrade.  This is one of the first documents that came up in the search.  You may need a cisco.com login. 

Thanks,

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.

Upgrades are not free. To download the software image requires a valid support contract (or a specific purchase).

The document telling you how to upgrade is available to all registered users of cisco.com.

By the way, a 5520 with 512 MB of RAM cannot upgrade beyond version 8.2(x) without a memory upgrade.

Patrick0711
Level 3
Level 3

Remember, the latest isnt always the greatest when it comes to code versions.  Each code version has it's own caveats and quirks (including a number of inconsistencies and bugs that aren't documented publicly).  Unless you need an extravagant NAT configuration, you want to use 6-to-4 VPN tunnels, or you want to use IKEv2, there aren't many other major reasons to upgrade past 8.2

There's also Identity Firewall, license clustering, and Etherchannel features enabled on 8.4.

I've seen adoption rates for 8.4 increasing among customers (and it is what the TAC and Cisco SEs are recommending).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card