cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA stub multicast routing Stub Multicast Routing and Forwarding IGMP Messages

plao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't seem to find where in ASDM (6.4.1), can we configure IGMP forwarding?

ASA5520(config-if)# igmp forward interface outside

The ASDM doc reference does not seem to be correct pointing to:

Configuring Stub Multicast Routing

Step 1 In the main ASDM window, choose Configuration > Device Setup > Routing > Multicast > IGMP.

Step 2 In the Multicast pane, check the Enable Multicast routing check box.

Step 3 Choose MForwarding.

which generates:

ASA5520(config-if)# mfib forwarding

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ronaldo Renato Punzalan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The instructions above is specific to the "mfib forwarding" command. We may need to correct our documentation.

If you are looking for the "igmp forward .." command, go to Configuration -> Device Setup -> Routing -> Multicast -> Protocol. Select the interface where you want the command and click the Edit button. On the pop-up page, it will have a portion for "Forward Interface" pulldown menu. Select there the interface where you want the target interface for the igmp forwarding.

Give that a shot.

-ron

View solution in original post

If you want to see the error message, start adding "Rendezvous Points" both on the ASDM and CLI while the igmp forward is enabled on any interface.

Enabling or disabling PIM on the interface doesn't trigger the sanity checking.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ronaldo Renato Punzalan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The instructions above is specific to the "mfib forwarding" command. We may need to correct our documentation.

If you are looking for the "igmp forward .." command, go to Configuration -> Device Setup -> Routing -> Multicast -> Protocol. Select the interface where you want the command and click the Edit button. On the pop-up page, it will have a portion for "Forward Interface" pulldown menu. Select there the interface where you want the target interface for the igmp forwarding.

Give that a shot.

-ron

thank you very much!!

one more thing I notice, in ASDM, even though, Configuration -> Device Setup -> Routing -> Multicast -> PIM > protocol shows PIM enabled on the interfaces, I am still be able to configure igmp forwarding from Configuration -> Device Setup -> Routing -> Multicast -> Protocol.

SImiarly, in CLI, I am not sure what are the exact conditions that will cause this error message when I enabled IGMP forwarding? It seems to be inconsistent now:

%Error: PIM-SM/Bidir and IGMP forwarding are not supported concurrently

Thanks again

Pat

If you want to see the error message, start adding "Rendezvous Points" both on the ASDM and CLI while the igmp forward is enabled on any interface.

Enabling or disabling PIM on the interface doesn't trigger the sanity checking.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card