Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Testing Interface

I have two ASA 5545 running 9.7(1)4. They are an active/standby pair. Failover on all interfaces is working except for one. I am getting repeated log entries every few seconds for this interface of:

ASA-1-105008: (Primary) Testing Interface "Interface Name"

%ASA-1-105009: (Primary) Testing on interface "Interface Name" Passed

From the Active unit I am able to ping the active interface IP but not the standby IP. From the Standby unit I am not able to ping the active interface unit but I am able to ping the standby IP. I have verified that both the active and standby interfaces are up/up without errors. I also do not see the interface bouncing. Again this is the only interface having this issue. All the other firewall interfaces (8 additional) are stable. Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per the message below, check the any physical layer issue around, may be interface going up and down ?

Error Message %ASA-1-105008: (Primary) Testing interface interface_name.

Explanation Testing of a specified network interface has occurred. This testing is performed only if the ASA fails to receive a message from the standby unit on that interface after the expected interval. Primary can also be listed as Secondary for the secondary unit.

Recommended Action None required.

Error Message %ASA-1-105009: (Primary) Testing on interface interface_name {Passed|Failed}.

Explanation The result (either Passed or Failed) of a previous interface test has been reported. Primary can also be listed as Secondary for the secondary unit.

Recommended Action None required if the result is Passed. If the result is Failed, you should check the network cable connection to both failover units, that the network itself is functioning correctly, and verify the status of the standby unit.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card