Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Virtual MAC Address Conflict

paulhughes5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm deploying 2 ASA clusters onto the same LAN segment in multi-context mode.  When creating the interface and assigning it to the context it seems as though the ASAs have used the same MAC on each pair.  Where can I go to change this so that failover between the pair still works as expected?

Thanks

Paul

1 Reply 1

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

I believe you are looking for mac-address command feature. You can either use mac-address auto command or define the mac addresses manually if there is more than one pair of cisco ASA firewalls in your environment since there are chances that the automatically generated mac addresses might coincide. 

FYI, mac-address auto is a global command whereas if you wish to assign the mac address manually, it has to be done in interface config in interface config.

Please find the info below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa-command-reference/I-R/cmdref2/m1.html

HTH

-

AJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: