Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 Licenses for Devices Purchased on Amazon

EricDickey40870
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Forgive the newbie here (when it comes to Cisco devices), but our company purchased several ASA5505 firewalls with bundled licenses.  My question is, how do I get these licenses?  I'm on the license page (http://www.Cisco.com/go/license) but from here, I honestly don't have a clue.  Do I generate a new license?  What type?  How do I register the devices so they show under our account?

Again, apologies for the newbie questions, but I'm at a loss here.

Thanks,

Eric

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If they were "bundled" the PAKs (product activation keys) should have either been provided separately or the licenses already installed. If they aren't then you should typically take it up with the seller. Hopefully they are an authorized Cisco reseller.

Tell us what licenses you were told you were buying and share the "show activation-key" output from one of the units. that will show what's currently active license-wise.

catimossi
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a Cisco smart switch through Amazon, I'm assuming an authorized reseller. Unfortunately, I cant seem to access the warranty on the unit because I don't have a 'contract' to associate with my cisco profile. Both Amazon and Cisco are pointing fingers at each other.

You posted a reply in a conversation, but the reply has nothing to do with the original conversation which is about licenses on some ASA devices.

You should start a new conversation with the question you originally asked.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card