Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5585-X

Hi,

I am configuring FW in the Data centr in a multiple context to be A/A ,  connected to 7K , Is it possible to bundle all the  8 connections. ( T0/6 to T0/9) from both F.W.s to be into one group channel for the inbound traffic and outbound traffic, Since the 7K has two port channels toward the F.W. ? 

Attached is could describe my case

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

Andre Neethling
Level 4
Level 4

Is your Deployment in Routed mode or Transparent? Which PortChannell will be outside, and which inside? Remember you will need the outside interfaces, inside interfaces and Failover interface/s in different vlans if on the same switch.

Hi andre

It is transparant mode, vlans are different but my concern is the etherchannel ports amount, Failover is done through one managment interface directly connected back to back trhough cross over

You can have up to 8 interfaces in a channel group, however, I don't know if it will work to 2 different switches. Do you have fail over set up and working using the management interface? How will traffic be routed to the external network? Are you thinking of using sub interfaces?

Yes failover is working using the managment

Routing will be from both vdcs toward one bridge interface, sub interfaces is not mandatory since i want only inspect south to north traffic.

in regards of port channeling, It seems i have to configure acouple of port channels from bothside exept if there is asolution for that...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card