Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 6.4(1) locks at 77% when parsing configuration

Igor Rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an issue with ASDM 6.4(1) and ASA 8.2(1). I use Windows XP 64bits, and with Java 32 or 64 bits latest version (jre 6.025). I am able to load the ASDM, but when I click on the Configuration button to check the configuration and perform changes, it starts to parse configuration, but it freezes at 77%. It also locks my NIC, and have to restart my machine.

If I connect to a machine with another different configuration, and with version 8.0, I have no issue in contacting and changing the configuration from the same computer.

Anyone could through some light on this?

Thank you very much in advance.

11 Replies 11

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Igor,     

There was an issue on asdm when you had msie-proxy lockdown on the group policy, would you please paste the output of show run all group-policy? Try to disable if enable, if not try the following:

-Downgrade to ASDM 6.2.5

If it does not work try the following on version 6.4.1

-Get the java console logs

-Get the debug http from the ASA

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Hi Maykol,

I had already seen that issue, although I upgraded ASDM from 6.2(1) to 6.4(1) to try solving the issue but it still persists.

Also, I had read about the msie-proxy lockdown, but that command does not appear on the configuration. Should it appear or it is one of these defaults commands that do not appear on the config unless is disabled? If it is enabled, how should I disable the command? Should I disable it on the group-policy one by one?

I'll get the logs and update the post with them.

Thanks for your help.

Another thing that could throw some light on this.

I can connect to that ASA via ASDM 6.4(1) on a Windows XP 32 bits machine, but from a Windows 7 64 bits machine I cannot.

Hi,

Is it happening with both IE and Firefox?

Mike

Mike

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Igor,

There are afew known issues with running ASDM on a 64-bit machine, my suggestion to yo would be to try the following:

Install Sun java 32 bit executable release 6 with windows 7 64 bit, or you can launch it via https (dont use the launcher).
Let me know how it goes....:)

Regards,

Varun Rao

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thank you for your suggestions guys.

Although I have to say that already tried all that. It happens either with IE and Firefox when I try to launch the ASDM over the website. It launches, but when I click on the Configuration button is when starts parsing the configuration and freezes, and also closes my networks connections.

I've also tried with 32 bits Java and the same thing happens. Then I tried installing the latest version (6.025) of JAva in either 32 and 64 bits, and none of that worked.

I'm not sure if it should work with an older Java version, but I think on the other computer that is working (XP machine) is the same Java version installed, although I have to check it for sure.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys.

Hi,

Would you please use the launcher and gather the java logs?

Mike.

Mike

Hi,

Here are the logs. At least the ones from the console. The error at the end belongs to the moment when the ASDM stops respondig and the network connection is totally lost until the machine is restarted.

Java Web Start 1.6.0_25
Usar versión JRE 1.6.0_25-b06 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Directorio local del usuario = C:\Users\23851
----------------------------------------------------
c:   borrar ventana de consola
f:   finalizar objetos en la cola de finalización
g:   liberación de recursos
h:   presentar este mensaje de ayuda
m:   imprimir sintaxis de memoria
o:   activar registro
p:   recargar configuración de proxy
q:   ocultar consola
r:   recargar configuración de norma
s:   volcar propiedades del sistema y de despliegue
t:   volcar lista de subprocesos
v:   volcar pila de subprocesos
0-5: establecer nivel de rastreo en
----------------------------------------------------
Application Logging Started at Mon May 09 11:39:45 CEST 2011
---------------------------------------------
Local Launcher Version = 1.5.50
Local Launcher Version Display = 1.5(50)
OK button clicked
Trying for ASDM Version file; url = https://172.21.0.2/admin/
Server Version = 6.4(1)
Server Launcher Version = 1.5.50, size = 453120 bytes
Launcher version checking is successful.
invoking SGZ Loader..
Cache location = C:/Users/23851/.asdm/cache
0 [PollerStatus] ERROR com.cisco.dmcommon.util.DMCommonEnv  - Mon May 09 09:41:27 UTC 2011 : No response from the device in the last 60 seconds.

Thanks for your help.

Igor,

This seems to be an issue with CSCtc53304. You can find more information here:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtc53304

I dont remember if you told me that you tried version 6.2.5. If you take a look at this, the your version should have the fix. Would it be possible for you to open a case so we can analyze your specific issue?

Mike.

Mike

This bug and or perhaps the CSCsm93373 is back in the version asdm-645.bin.

best regards,

Pedro Ortale

I agree with Pedro Ortale Neto. I´m facing this issue with the version asdm-645.bin

regards.

Paulo Nishida

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card