cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM access via VPN

joerggrau
Level 1
Level 1

We just brought up a new location and we do not have a WAN connection to the site yet.  Until that goes in I run a VPN tunnel between our main site and our new location.  While I have had no issue with getting connectivity between the sites, I have not been successful in administring the remote VPN endpoint and node ASA 5520 via the VPN tunnel using ASDM.  I can connect to our term server fine and administer it via CLI, but ASDM has not been successful yet.

I have addedd my IP address to ASDM on both the internal and the Internet interface, but have not been able to connect.

What is the trick in allowing ASDM through the VPN tunnel?

Here is a simple diagram:

HOME OFFICE

10.22.1.0/24 (my PC at 10.22.1.11)

ASA1: Inside 10.22.1.1
     Outside 100.100.100.100     

Remote Location:

10.23.1.0/24

ASA2: Inside 10.23.1.1
     Outside 200.200.200.200

I am allowing IP any between the two subnets.  How can I use ASDM to remotely administer ASA2?  I see the connection attempt being made and NOT denied on ASA2.  Yet I cannot get ASDM to load successfully.

Any helpd would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joerg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dinkar Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joerg,

You need to run "management-access inside" command to allow ASDM access via VPN. You can only use this command only for 1 interface.

Regards,

Dinkar

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dinkar Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joerg,

You need to run "management-access inside" command to allow ASDM access via VPN. You can only use this command only for 1 interface.

Regards,

Dinkar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: