Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM cannot be loaded

rjpdmbmap
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning.

ASDM cannot be loaded. Click OK to exit ASDM. Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:

https://x.x.x.x/admin/exec/show+version/show+curpriv/perfmon+interval

Has anyone received this error before? I'm attempting to access the ASDM externally (where x.x.x.x is the external IP). I was able to access 3 days ago just fine. So far the only articles I've found suggest a reboot, but I would rather not do this if it can be helped.

ASA Version 8.2(1)  - I think the ASDM version is 6.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I've found a couple of similar issue where a reload solved the problems as well. One of these was about the ASDM as well as SSH where a reload resolved the problem.

However, upgrading ASDM may also be a solution. Do you have access to a new ASDM version download from Cisco.com?

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=279916854&flowid=4818

Hope this helps!

Joey

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

rjpdmbmap
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently I can no longer ssh externally either.

Hello,

I've found a couple of similar issue where a reload solved the problems as well. One of these was about the ASDM as well as SSH where a reload resolved the problem.

However, upgrading ASDM may also be a solution. Do you have access to a new ASDM version download from Cisco.com?

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=279916854&flowid=4818

Hope this helps!

Joey

Good morning Joseph.

I was unable to find any other information so we went with a reboot. I didn't see anything in the release notes or known bugs.The reboot corrected the issue and we can now access the ASA via ASDM/SSH.

ASDM 6.2(1) w/ ASA version 8.2(1) - if it happens again I'll see if the customer will agree to an upgrade of the image.

Thanks again.

Hello,

Glad to help!

As with most transient issues which are resolved by a reload, since there is nothing formal out there on this (bugs, release notes, etc) my guess is you will never see it again. Of course, I'd suggest you keep this thread in your records just in case it crops back up.

Thanks

Joey

Thanks for the response Joey

I'm waiting for the local contact to get back with me so we can attempt to access via the inside i/f. If it comes down to having to attempt a reboot, we can do that after hours, but I'm hoping we don't have to do that. Yes, I've access to obtain a new version of the ASDM. I'll update the post once I've got some results. Thanks again.

Well attempting to access on the inside i/f does the same thing. We've scheduled a reboot for tomorrow morning. I'll post an update at that time if the reboots fixes the issue. Perhaps an ASDM upgrade as well.

haivrajesh
Level 1
Level 1

pls check java is properly running your system or not

I'm running Java 6 Update 31

I've uninstalled/re-insalled Java, but htis made no difference and I still receive the error message. Thanks.

check your browser is enabled java r not

Yes, it is enabled.

reimage the asdm image

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: