cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM issue between active and standy firewall

corey.burden
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ever seen this problem where the ASDM looks to be like you are on one firewall but you are actually in another firewall?  When I open the ASDM using the standby IP it shows that I'm on the standby ASA.  The IP address on the deice list for the firewall is the IP of the the standy firewall.  However the IP addresses shown on the ASDM configuration is the IP of the primary firewall.  When I log into the primary firewall via CLI, I see that the IP address matches what is shown in the  ADSM standyby interface configuration.  If I try to connect to the primary firwall through the device list with the ASDM, the ASDM times out.  Since it times out I can't see what the interface configuration looks like via the ASDM.  When I connect to the standy firewall via the CLI, the IP matches what is in the device list on the ASM but not the interface configuration

Secondary/Standby FW ASDM:  x.x.x.178 (device list)

Secondary/Standby FW ASDM interface:  x.x.x.179 ( But this is the IP of the primary firewall)

Secondary/Standby FW CLI:  x.x.x.178

Priamry/Active FW ASDM: x.x.x.179 (device list, cannot connect via ASDM)

Primary/Acrive FW ASDM: unknow

Primary/Active FW CLI: xx.x.179

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ASDM from my workstation.  When I reinstall, I can reach .178 to download the ASDM again however I can't reach .179 to get it.  When it is installed, I get the issue again as if nothing has changed.  This was work up until about 2 weeks ago. 

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: