Helpful
Replies

ASDM issue

costin.vilcu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

this is a spookie one:

i have a ..let's say..friend, who says that if he tries to create a new object group using ASDM, instead of the new object-group (let's say GROUP_A) he gets also the GROUP_Areal1, GROUP_Areal2 and GROUP_Areal3, all of them containing some of the objects (not all) from the original GROUP_A group.

He has an 5520 and is using 7.0(6) and also has about at least 50 object-groups created, all togheter with more than 1000 entries.

i tried to reproduce it on a 5520 with 7.2.(3), but i had no problem.

Any ideea?

thanks

5 Replies 5

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

your friend needs to upgrade his code to 7.2(6)

My friend is running into the same issue. Can he remove the extra object groups without effecting connectivity?

That I'm not sure of. An easy way to test is to create a new object-group, put in a few members, then create an access-list rule that refers to the object-group.

Delete the object-group, see if the access-list still has the entries from the members of the object-group.

That's an easy test.

costin.vilcu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one, and thank you for your replies.

In fact i found a bug describing the problem.

it is CSCsg80786.

They say the workaround is:

"Delete the additional copies of the object groups created automatically by ASDM"

My situation is slightly different. These objects where created by PDM, I just do not have enough flash to load ASDM on the box. If you know of any issues with removing the extra object groups through cli, I appreciate a warning.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card