Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Read Only User

NeWGuy1109
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to create Read Only User in ASDM but while trying to set ASDM Defined Roles via Device MAnagement > AAA Access > Authorization , I am getting the following error :

Specified command more not found in mode 'exec'

It is a multi context ASA , does ASDM defined roles doesnt work in Multi Context ASA ?

12 Replies 12

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Yes you can configure privileges in a multi context environment.
Can you please share what config are you trying to apply?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

thanks for the reply... i am trying to enable ASDM defined roles via
Device Management > AAA Access > Authorization but getting the following error :

Specified command more not found in mode 'exec'

This works perfectly fine in a non context ASA .. but this error is thrown out when i am trying to enable it in a multi context environment

It seems you're applying a command that is not supported on exec mode. Can you paste a screenshot of what you're trying to configure on asdm please?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

using ASDM Defined roles in AAA .. not entering any commands through cli

Let me test it using ASDM, I usually use cli for asa configuration, specially for aaa

Thanks
Francesco

Were you able to work this out ?
Thanks

Not yet tested with asdm. I'll be able to do test it this weekend.
Sorry, end of the year It's always a rush where all customers want to finalize all projects.

Thanks
Francesco

Hi

I've tested and understand your issue.

You're getting the following issue:

image.png

Never configured any aaa level from ASDM and what I see is ASDM will try to push same commands no matter if you are in single or multiple context.

However, the command more doesn't exists in multiple mode within context:

asa/admin# more?
ERROR: % Unrecognized command

Thanks
Francesco

Yes ..thts correct.. how can i do this via CLI ?

When you don't configuration using asdm, it pushes few commands starting with privileges (you can actually select the option on asdm preferences to have a preview of commands being pushed).
However the more command specifically won't work either through cli because not supported command in the context

Thanks
Francesco

yes understood tht part.. i have preview enabled as well and the only command its trying to push now is "more" , everything else is already pushed... so is there any way this can be done via CLI without the more command ? or it can not be achieved in context mode ?
Thanks

Yes you can copy all the commands you're seeing in the preview pane on asdm, unappply the config from asdm, go to your cli and paste what you copied except the line privilege 5 with the more command. Then everything will work as expected.

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card