cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM unable to load the firewall configuration

bal09
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to login using asdm and i keep getting the error ASDM unable to load the firewall configuration.

The firewall is running ASA version 9.5(1) and the ASDM version is 7.5(1).

Java version installed is java 8 update 60 I was on windows 7 but now moved to windows 10 so not really sure what could be the issue.

I can however access on a mac fine but need this to be working on windows 10 any help appreciated?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

What is the Java version on your windows 10. Try upgrading to latest java version and test the ASDM.

Thanks,

R.Seth

View solution in original post

Hi,

If the issue is seen even after correct configuration then, you should reach out to TAC and get their help to resolve this issue.

Hope it helps!!

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

What is the Java version on your windows 10. Try upgrading to latest java version and test the ASDM.

Thanks,

R.Seth

The version of java that is currently in use is the latest version java 8 update 60.

Tried again and no luck it is still not working. It will only allow me to monitor the configuration tab is greyed out.

The correct answer has not been given how can i change the post to reflect this?

Hi,

The user with which you are trying to access the ASDM, does it have some restricted access or it is has admin access.

Thanks,

R.Seth

the user has full access and nothing has changed apart from windows 10 and asdm 7.51

Hi,

Please refer the following link for compatibility,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_5/release/notes/rn75.html

In case you are facing issue even after configuring all the required parameters, then it would be good if you open a case with TAC and work on the issue.

Thanks,

R.Seth

I have completed everything as per the release notes on 3 different machines running windows 10 and the same issue with each of them.

I will try on a windows 7 machine and see if that improves the issue.

But clearly there is some issue as more people will want to use windows 10 in the future

Hi,

If the issue is seen even after correct configuration then, you should reach out to TAC and get their help to resolve this issue.

Hope it helps!!

The issue is still there and I cannot seem to raise a TAC.

This question has not been answered correctly

Refer following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

So i have found ASA 9.5(1) and ASDM 7.5(1) - Windows 10 will not work with these versions however windows 7 works fine.

Hi,

I tried the ASDM 751 and ASA 951 on Windows 10 with Java update : Version 8 update 60 and i did not face any issue in launching the ASDM.

Probably there is some configuration present on your device due to which the ASDM is failing to launch on your device.

You can share your config or you can directly reach out to TAC for this issue.

Thanks,

R Seth

Hi,

I have the same issue with the latest Java and ASDM - I did a bit of trouble shooting as well and found that the client loads fine as well - This only when the SFR module is unreachable or bypassing the SFR Load.

If you try load the ASDM with SFR then the configuration fails to load, and the ASDM becomes unusable.

Please help with this! 

Regards,

George

Hi George,

Thank you for the update.

I just want to understand what do you mean by 

"This only when the SFR module is unreachable or bypassing the SFR Load"

Were you able to load asdm after bypassing sfr?

I tried accessing ASDM with SFR module (version 5.4) and I did not face any issue.

I think there might be some configuration which is causing issue in your setup, either you can share your config or

open a TAC case to get the issue resolved.

​Thanks,

R.Seth

Hi Seth,

I am saying if I unplug the management port on the ASA5506X and load the ASDM client - then it loads fine without loading the Source Fire config.

As soon as I load it with the management plugged in and the ASDM tries to build the tools for Firepower then it fails. (Please see the attachment)

I don't think it is a configuration issue - it was working fine. I am on another site and now have the same issue with the device here as well. So I think it has something to do with the Java or Windows 10 update. It works fine on Windows server and windows 7 and 8. 

Are you sure it is working on your system - have you got a 5506x device?

MEAT-ASA-01# show module sfr details
Getting details from the Service Module, please wait...

Card Type:          FirePOWER Services Software Module
Model:              ASA5506
Hardware version:   N/A
Serial Number:      JA#########
Firmware version:   N/A
Software version:   5.4.1-211
MAC Address Range:  a46c.######### to a46c.#######
App. name:          ASA FirePOWER
App. Status:        Up
App. Status Desc:   Normal Operation
App. version:       5.4.1-211
Data Plane Status:  Up