Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM with Windows 10 build 1809

Mohamed.Ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i have Cisco 5540 Version 8.0(4) with ASDM 7.6(1)

Afret i install java and ASDm from ASA browser, when igo to opan ASDm launcher i found this msg:

(  application can not run on your pc ) like attached file

my PC Window 10 build 1809

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

I solved this issue and make ASDM 7.6 can compatible with Win10 1809

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Windows 10 is not listed in comparability matrix of ASDM 7.6(x)
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_6/release/notes/rn76.html#id_25472

Hope This Helps
Abheesh

Hello Abheesh,

Thanks for your support.

But i am windows 10 (Old release ) and i can manage this ASA 5540 through ASDM 7.6 .

Find attached file.

Hello

I solved this issue and make ASDM 7.6 can compatible with Win10 1809

How did you solve this. it is not working with newest win 10 build

What was the fix for this? 

hi Shefo888

what version of java are you using ?

itsubscriptions
Level 1
Level 1

Copied from a working windows 7 and it started working for me

It seems like ASDM 7.6 is not compatible with the latest Windows 10 1809 build, so check for the compatibility issue by check the ASDM 7.6 client operating system and browsers requirements.

Well, in this case you need to restart the Windows 10 operating system, this may works for you, but if not then free up some space on the hard drive. You can also re-register the Windows installer.

http://www.pcerror-fix.com/fix-error-application-unable-start-correctly-0xc0000142

"This app can't run on your PC" error message.

When you install the ASDM Launcher, Windows 10 might replace the ASDM shortcut target with the Windows Scripting Host path, which causes this error. To fix the shortcut target:

1. Choose Start > Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher, and right-click the Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher application.

2. Choose More > Open file location.

Windows opens the directory with the shortcut icon.

3. Right click the shortcut icon, and choose Properties.

4. Change the Target to:

C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe invisible.vbs run.bat

5. Click OK.

works like magic, thank you sir

Thank you

Very nice workaround. I was afraid I was going to have to ask how to get a more recent version of ASDM -- which, given that I'm playing with an old ASA5510 I picked up for a song just to familiarize myself with the product, seemed likely to be out of my price range.

(If there *is* a way to come up to current versions of software without going whole hog on buying Enterprise-level support at Enterprise-level prices, I'm interested.)

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: