cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't log into the ASDM anymore

joseph.kress00
Level 1
Level 1

I only know how to manage the firewall through the GUI ASDM. now it's not working since last firefox update. I tried other browsers but nothing helps. I get this message in every browser .. Cisco ASDM 5.2 - Error

"Cisco ASDM 5.2 encountered loading errors. If ASDM has informed you about a problem in your setup, please fix the problem and try again."

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you tring the Java web start or ASDM launcher method?

In either case, can you try monitoring the Java console when you try to launch and let us know what it reports?

Also tell us abou the certificate on your ASA - is it self-signed and is it SHA1 or SHA2?

You will have to clear the java cache. Control panel > java >java tab

Please be clearer about what you mean because your steps lead me no where but to java Runtime environment settings when I click the java tab in java control panel.

I'm using the Java web start. I don't know what you mean about the certificate I am not a pro with this I'm just trying to administer this firewall. I don't even have a Smartnet contract so I have no help.

The Java console says..

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.util.PropertyPermission" "*" "read,write")
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.AWTAppletSecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertiesAccess(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.getProperties(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.nm.dice.loader.Loader.b(DashoA19*..:160)
    at com.cisco.nm.dice.loader.Loader.init(DashoA19*..:143)
    at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.init(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

joseph.kress00
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone that can help on this?

These sort of problems are 99% of the time client side Java issues. This guide has the steps to check some of the more common ones:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/adaptive-security-device-manager/116403-configure-asdm-00.html#anc11

Also, recently some folks have been seeing it help to ensre that the "Use SSL 2.0.." box is unchecked in the Java control Panel as follows:

I agree.  After trying different settings I gave up and my only solution was to revert to an older version of Java; for ASDM 5.2.  Java 8.121 worked for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: