cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't see CISCO ASA 5516-X FirePower services module in ASDM.

serman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I've run to the situation, where i configured my ASA completely and left the licencing for the last step and apparently i could not licence it because of non-existent FirePower Services module in ASDM, where i'm supposed to obtain the licence key.

So far i've come to conclusion, that i need to do the Setup Wizard and configure IP for management port and after that at some point i'm supposed to accept the licence agreement for FirePower Services. Again, apparently i could not do that, because i'm running to the error where the first step is to give IP to the management port and and the wizard could not send the commands to the ASA (Step1 -> Clear configuration and start from clear page... ).

Also sometimes when i connect to the ASA via ASDM, the login page gives me prompt that wants to know the management port IP so that it could connect to FirePower Services. I'm using default configuration and the IP should be 192.168.1.2 for that. It takes it and prompts me to the ASDM main menu... Still i could not see the FirePower Services module under Configuration menu. 

For configuration, i'm using the L2 Cisco switch as shown on the manual sheet that came with the ASA (ASA with FirePOWER Services: Start Here).

Has anyone had the same situation and has a solution for it? I'm running out of time pretty fast at this point.
Could anyone please advise me?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

bhargavdesai
Spotlight
Spotlight
The below link/video will guide to boot the FirePower module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD7mXStoWe8

HTH
### RATE ALL HELPFUL RESPONSES ###

Card Type: FirePOWER Services Software Module
Model: ASA5516
Hardware version: N/A
Serial Number: xxxxxxxxx
Firmware version: N/A
Software version: 6.2.2-81
MAC Address Range: xxxxx to xxxxx
App. name: ASA FirePOWER
App. Status: Up
App. Status Desc: Normal Operation
App. version: 6.2.2-81
Data Plane Status: Up
Console session: Ready
DC addr: No DC Configured
Mgmt IP addr: 192.168.1.2
Mgmt Network mask: 255.255.255.0
Mgmt Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Mgmt web ports: 443
Mgmt TLS enabled: true

I guess, i don't have to follow this tutorial? Correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks :)

Your Firepower service module is up and running (per App. Status: Up and Data plane status: Up in your output).

Is the ASA management interface 192.168.1.1? If so, the Firepower service module at 192.168.1.2 needs to have a gateway to get off of the management network (unless you never anticipate accessing it from anywhere else).

Generally when you access an ASA with ASDM, your client PC needs to be able to reach both whatever ASA address you are using for management (= the management interface in a brand new ASA but could be another one after you have configured it) as well as the configured address of the Firepower service module. ASDM gets that latter address via a programmatic query to the ASA of the information your just pulled from the cli.

If your ASDM session can reach both addresses it should populate the Firepower module bits in ASDM GUI.

To connect to ASA im using GE1/2 and Management 1/1 connected to the L2 switch. Client is connected to the switch. The IP for 1/2 is 1.1 and Man 1/1 is 1.2.
I'm using default configuration of the device to access it.

What are your ASA and ASDM versions?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From your ASA cli, please check and share the output of:

show module sfr detail
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card