cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot reset 5505 to factory default

ccnpwannabe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have a new 5505 and i have done a few configurations on it. When i try to reset it to the factory settings via asdm i get an error saying it could not be done. I have used config-factory-default using the cli option available in the asdm. I am using asa 8.2 and asdm 6.2. Will erasing the flash reset to factory defaults.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that will clear all the config and set it with no configuration.

Please console into the ASA and configure the inside interface IP Address as well as the DHCP server.

Here is the configuration for your reference:

interface vlan 1

nameif inside

ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

dhcpd address 192.168.0.11-192.168.0.250 inside

dhcpd lease 3600

dhcpd enable inside

Also please ensure that you did "no shut" on the interface where you connect your PC to.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can perform the following:

clear config all

wr mem

The above will clear all the running configuration back to default, and "wr mem" will save the cleared running config to memory.

Hope that helps.

after performing these 2 steps

clear config all

wr mem

now i have lost access to my asa. the asa has been previously configured as dhcp server for inside interface. now its not issuing an ip address to my pc. i have tried pinging it and tried connecting via asdm and it doesnt seem to respond. it tried setting my pc to be in the 192.168.1.0  range and it doesnt respond. any suggestions

Yes, that will clear all the config and set it with no configuration.

Please console into the ASA and configure the inside interface IP Address as well as the DHCP server.

Here is the configuration for your reference:

interface vlan 1

nameif inside

ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

dhcpd address 192.168.0.11-192.168.0.250 inside

dhcpd lease 3600

dhcpd enable inside

Also please ensure that you did "no shut" on the interface where you connect your PC to.

thank you for the info. this is what i realised after typing in the commands in a hurry.

i have ordered a usb to serial cable as my laptop doesnt have a serial input

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card