Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1811 - CCP basic firewall breaks cisco.com downloads

OSJF2009SDL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when I configure a default firewall policy by using Cisco Configuration Professional 2.5, I can not download stuff from Cisco.com

Here is what I do:

-Start CCP

-Connect to the router

-Go to Security/Firewall

-Configure Basic Firewall using the wizard (this is the same task the CCP Security Audit launches when you select to "fix Firewalling")

-Deliver config to the router

-Start IE8

-Go to cisco.com

-Add Cisco Configuration Professional 2.5 to my cart

-Click "Proceed with download"

Result:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I tried this with both, CCP 2.3 as well as CCP 2.5

I have attached the router config to this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Replies 4

OSJF2009SDL
Level 1
Level 1

Well, today our financial department complained about their applications failed while transfering data to the government by SMTP.

Considering CCP firewall wizard is intended for less advanced users it breaks to much things, imho. I guess I have to stick with the command line and find things out by myself instead of trusting CCP one-click wizards.

chaitram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you mention the topology you have along with the PC IP address from where you access the cisco.com (I am assuming CCP is also running on the same PC).

Thanks

Hi chaitram,

sure, it's simple. The router is directly connected to the ISP via ADSL dialup. I'm on the LAN side of the router and my PC is running CCP and is also the computer I'm trying to access cisco.com downloads from.

I'd like to provide you with more information if needed. I can also try to reproduce the cisco.com download issue on another router at a branche office.

Hi,

Have you tried with another browser?

Can you add this to your config: ip inspect log drop-pkt in global config mode and then try again this download and see if you see a log message on your console.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card