Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 515E 169.154.x.x ip addresses only ? please help

simonhawkes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recently bought a Cisco pix 515E firewall primarily to learn from. I have had watchguard firewalls in the past.

Powers up ok, link lights up etc... but PC set to DHCP aquires only 169.154.x.x addresses ??

Cannot connect, cannot run reset command.

Is there a way to reset the device ? I have read the manuals and reset password seems to be an option but I dont

know the version of software running ...

please can someone help me just to get started ...

many thanks

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

That IP means you did not recieve a DHCP address.   Console into the PIX and see if you can get into enable mode, then you can set that up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

they should have given you a paper with the FOS version installed and so you should do a password reset provided there is already one, by default password is null. Try to connect with console cable and you'll see if you need to do a password reset otherwise then post the show run here.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

That IP means you did not recieve a DHCP address.   Console into the PIX and see if you can get into enable mode, then you can set that up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: