cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5505 asdm 5.2 ASA V. 7.2(3)

cpiaiswright
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to configure our Cisco for SIP but after opening all the requited ports we do not have audio. We can call extensions from different locations, just can hear each other outside of our location. The IP phones in-house we can call and hear each other. Are we over looking something or is it that our older version can not handle SIP? Any and all suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Successful SIP call with audio issues is caused by firewall/NAT most of time. SIP packets are allowed but RTP (audio stream) are blocked.

Ok, but does that mean that the older version we are using will work? I read on another post that said older version will not. That link I still have, but I also read that it can work, that link is no longer posted. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/firewalls/open-ports-on-asa-5505-for-voip/td-p/2233380

Thank you for your help.

Steve.

So sorry. I'm expert on neither Cisco 5505 ASDM nor Cisco ASA series line at all. I know little about flavors of it's firmware. I'm experienced SIP user.  All I can tel is - check firewall/NAT settings. Note - it's not just about local NAT/firewall (if any) configured on your's Cisco 5505. It can be caused by any NAT/firewall elsewhere on the path from your phone to public Internet network. 

Ask your network administrator for help. We know nothing about your network topology. He should help you ...

... verify it's NAT/firewall issue (e.g. RTP packets are lost on the path and not delivered)

... identify the network component causing the issue (it may not be the Cisco 5505 in question)

... identify solution (it depends on the component causing the issue)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card