Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Active Directory agent - no hits on FMC

ohareka70
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have created my Realm and its enabled -I have added the directory server from the Active Directory domain as an agent and its reporting as working ok.  I have the cisco agent installed on the agent server

I have created the identity policy and identity rule
I have created the access policy and two test control rules

I have tested my ruleset (access policy built).  I am trying to get an interactive block on users using RDP or dropbox but i dont see any hits on the FMC and its not blocking anything.  I am not seeing anything blocked in connection events

any advice is welcome 
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Can you test by removing the user group from policy ? How this test user is connected, through domain-PC with wired Network or wireless from Domain-PC/other device ?

I suspect User AD agent is not getting authentication logs for this user. I find usually it happens when user is not using domain-PC and wired-network with readability to AD. If policy 7 works without user then this might be the case. Can you update the policy without the user and test with user using domain-provided PC with wired network ?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please share snapshot from your access control policy ?

Here you go - thanks 

Hi,

You have configured policy 8 & 9 for URL Blocking. For Policy 8, i can see you define source-network. Everything else looks fine but can you confirm user belongs to source network defined in the snapshot ?

For Policy 9, i dont think it is going to work unless you configure SSL decryption.

if i could get Policy 7 working i would be happy.  I am a member of the telecomms group in active directory and my IP is in the 10.230.1.64 range.   But it is not blocking me when i try to login to a server on the 192.168.12.0 network.  Its not showing anything in the logs.  I am not too sure what i am missing from my setup

Hi,

Can you test by removing the user group from policy ? How this test user is connected, through domain-PC with wired Network or wireless from Domain-PC/other device ?

I suspect User AD agent is not getting authentication logs for this user. I find usually it happens when user is not using domain-PC and wired-network with readability to AD. If policy 7 works without user then this might be the case. Can you update the policy without the user and test with user using domain-provided PC with wired network ?

Hi,

the user group is from the policy and its connected through a domain-PC with wired Network

for now i am happy that the FTD can block access to http and tcp/3389 if required (i tested it ok)
i just need to get the AD Realm bit working with the correct downloaded users/groups and retest 

i'll leave https traffic for now - i wont be using SSL encryption for another 3-6 months

thanks for you advice

Much appreciated 

Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Good luck for rest of the tests. Reach out to community if you face further issue :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card