Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 on Packet Tracer

martinhurst
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I have just been on a course where I have been configuring Cisco ASA 5510 firewalls, and have returned home to continue practicing, however the 5505 on packet tracer seems to lack the commands of the 5510. Is this the way it is?

Commands such as:

clear configure all

Is there another way to wipe the configuration, because when you reset defaults, it comes preloaded with vlans and dhcp, which ia annoying.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

I don't know how Packet Tracer behaves, but you could try to do a "write erase" followed by a "reload".

Hi,

Yes , to clear the complete configuration , you would need the "wr erase" command as that will clear the startup configuration.

Also , what is the difference you see in the packet tracer in the two models ? Can you list some for me ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Thank you for the replies.

It would seem you cannot delete the 'Default config' i.e the two vlans that are already there.

When you try and delete them even after doing a 'wr erase' the log says ' Default interface VLAN2 cannot be deleted'.

Ah well, I will just leave them in and not assign them anywhere.

HI. The ASA was added to PAcket Tracer 6, but with limited functionality. You will notice that with all of the devices in Packet Tracer you will not have the full functionality or command set of the hardware devices. If you want the full feature set of the ASA for training purposes, then I will suggest you get GNS3 that uses QEMU to emulate the ASA. GNS3 is also great for router emulation too.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card