Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5540 lates IOS upgrade

John
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We would like to know what would be the latest IOS I can upgrade to our Cisco ASA 5540.

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.3(2) 
Device Manager Version 6.3(5)

Hardware: ASA5540, 2048 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 4 2000 MHz
Internal ATA Compact Flash, 256MB
BIOS Flash M50FW016 @ 0xfff00000, 2048KB

8 Replies 8

Shivapramod M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Regarding the ASDM you can go for asdm-751-112 which is the leatest ASDM version. Please refer

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279916880&softwareid=280775064&os=&release=7.5.1.112&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=!pp

Regarding the ASA version 9.1.6 and 8.4.7 are suggested. You can download the latest of this versions. Please refer

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279916880&softwareid=280775065&os=&release=9.1.6&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=!pp

Thanks,

Shivapramod M

P.S. Please rate helpful posts.

Just to add:

Best to use the latest interims-version. For the 9.1(6) version, this would be 9.1(6)10. In this release the latest bugs are fixed.

How would I go about obtaining the necessary contract to obtain the very latest releases of the IOS and ASDM?  Please help.  Thank you very much!

Unfortunately these were end of sales 6 years ago and one can no longer purchase a service contract.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/eol_C51-727354.html

If you have any other ASAs under contract you will have access to the ASA software downloads. But you cannot buy support (or even a la carte software) for the older ASA models.

All that I am looking for is download access, for perhaps an IOS upgrade, or IPS signatures and software.  This should be accessible.

Sorry but we cannot provide software or links to unauthorized sources.

Perhaps you misunderstood--I do not wish to be an "unauthorized source."  I am not looking for anything for free.  I am with a non-profit organization, and we could only afford to purchase an ASA5540 that we found on eBay, along with an SMP-20 appliance.  Thus far, it has been incredibly difficult to receive any kind of help from anybody on how to obtain at the very least, the IPS signatures or initial software for the SMP-20.  I am a very good engineer and I have already configured and brought up the firewall, and it is working fine.  I just looking for where I can pay to get a contract or whatever is required to use the SMP-20 device.  Thank you for your time.

Sorry but, given this single ASA that you have, there is no avenue for obtaining these software image or IPS signatures.

One can opine whether or not this should be the case, but it's how it is (and how it has been for many years).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card