cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA A/A, secondary needs ip on every interface?

3moloz123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with 80 vlans, many of which are as small as /30 networks. I would like to be able to utilize an active/active setup, but it's not clear from the examples on cisco.com how this can be achieved when many of the subinterfaces networks does not have have room for an additional IP.

I could live with only monitoring some (sub)interfaces (as they use the same 2 GE interfaces anyway).

What are my options in this situation? Do I need to relocate all small subnets into larger to fit the secondary active ASA?

Model and license is 5510 sec+.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use the no monitor interface command, but that would suggest that the Failover will occur only when there is a HW issue. Otherwise, doing chunks of subnets is your only way to go.

Mike

Mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use the no monitor interface command, but that would suggest that the Failover will occur only when there is a HW issue. Otherwise, doing chunks of subnets is your only way to go.

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card