Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA alternate Part query for HA

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

My Standby ASA5520-AIP20-K9 is faulty, Cisco suggested alternate part as ASA5520-K8
^^^ASA 5520 Appliance with SW, HA, 4GE+1FE, DES ;
Please Note: ASA5520-K8 ship from Service does come with ASA5500-CF-256MB=

My query is, will the alternate part work in HA, where my Active model is ASA5520-AIP20-K9

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The question is: What exactly is faulty? The ASA or the IPS module? If it's the ASA, then the replacement part is fine but you have to move the IPS-module from the old to the new ASA. And you need to get a new strong-encryption license for that box before adding it to the Failover-system.

If it's the IPS-Module, you need a replacement for that.

And you also could see this failure as a sign that it's time to migrate to an ASA-X model with FirePower. ;-)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The question is: What exactly is faulty? The ASA or the IPS module? If it's the ASA, then the replacement part is fine but you have to move the IPS-module from the old to the new ASA. And you need to get a new strong-encryption license for that box before adding it to the Failover-system.

If it's the IPS-Module, you need a replacement for that.

And you also could see this failure as a sign that it's time to migrate to an ASA-X model with FirePower. ;-)

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Although not recommended, failover would still work with different compact flash size:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/hw/maintenance/guide/asa_hw/overview.html

-

AJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card