Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Failover question

joan.luque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Cisco ASA Failover deployment with Cisco ASA 5520 (IOS 9.0.3):

One of the subinterfaces that I want to monitor has a subnetmask /30 (1.1.1.0/30). Therefore I will not be able to assign an Standby IP Address for this interface.

With this scenario, I will be able to enable failover for this interface without changing the netmask?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, the monitoring would not occur so if this interface fails failover would not occur but if failover occurs due to some other problem the secondary firewall would take the ip address of the interface of primary firewall.

- Prateek Verma

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

prateeve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes, the failover would get enabled.

- Prateek Verma

Hi Prateek, thanks for your quick reply.

With this scenario I will have any limitation? I assume that with only a IP address for the Primary ASA interface the monitorning this would not be possible, right?

In any case, when the failover occurs would the Secondary ASA follow the service for this interface?

Regards,

Hi,

Yes, the monitoring would not occur so if this interface fails failover would not occur but if failover occurs due to some other problem the secondary firewall would take the ip address of the interface of primary firewall.

- Prateek Verma

Thanks!

I will try

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card