cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA - Force Failover

cisco29111
Level 1
Level 1
I have a Primary\Secondary LAN state firewall  pair.  The primary firewall is "Active", the secondary firewall is  "Standby Ready".  The running config has no "failover active" or "no  failover active" directives in place.  I want to manually fail over from the  primary to the secondary.  Do I

A) Log into the secondary and type "failover active" to fail over and "no failover active" to fail back (typed on the now active, original standby)
B) Log into the primary and type "no failover active" to fail over and "failover active" to fail back (typed on the now standby, original active).
C) Any combination of A and B

I am worried that any of these commands will put extra directives in my running-config that are not already present.
1 Reply 1

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Chris,

To test your failover you can put in any combination it does not put any load on your  failover pair. It is a command to do a forcefu failover between firewalls and check the failover functionality.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: