Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA object groups and access lists

rshiva62
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I currently would like to export all my object groups and access-lists to excel. In the access list I would like to get the access list name and interface as well. I do not want to copy/paste since it is difficult for a person who do not know about access lists to understand. Please let me know the best possible way to get this done. 

I know there is a way to do out of ASDM but we do not use ASDM in our environment. 

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no automatic way to get the output in an Excel-friendly format such as csv file. You would have to run two commands:

show run access-group
show run access-list

...and then manually import the resulting output into Excel and merge it to make it more human-friendly.

What's the underlying reason for wanting to do so?

Thanks Marvin. 

Regarding the below:

What's the underlying reason for wanting to do so?

We need to deliver a formal document to the customer with the rules and configuration setup. But there are lot of non-technical people going to look over this document and I wanted to see if there was any easier way for them to understand. 

I usually provide screen shots in the body of my as-built deliverables and then a more technical appendix with the "show running-config" output.

I try to avoid incurring technical debt by going through machinations to fit something into a non-native format unless there's a very compelling functional requirement for me to do so.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card