Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA TCP Tear Down

giridar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Noticed a TCP tear down on my Firewall which came from a anonymous Outside IP and also it deleted few logs 

Source was an Outside IP and destination was a client machine 

could not find anything on the machine 

could anyone help me understand this and how to fix it 

I am worried 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if your client was as inside domain (nameif inside) in that case ASA act as a statefull firewall means outside connection coming to inside will be block and log in syslogs. unless you have define a access-list on outside interface to let the outside traffic coming in. 

same apply for the DMZ (nameif dmz).

i think the log you see is someone from outside try to access inside. but the firewall block the connection as said earlier it act as a statefull firewall.   

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

if your client was as inside domain (nameif inside) in that case ASA act as a statefull firewall means outside connection coming to inside will be block and log in syslogs. unless you have define a access-list on outside interface to let the outside traffic coming in. 

same apply for the DMZ (nameif dmz).

i think the log you see is someone from outside try to access inside. but the firewall block the connection as said earlier it act as a statefull firewall.   

Hi Sheraz,

Thanks a lot for clarifying on this and I am relieved now

But noticed that this event had deleted few logs on the firewall 

any idea on this

by default as does not keep the logs unless you off load them on the syslog server. if you need to do so follow this link 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/pix-500-series-security-appliances/63884-config-asa-00.html

thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card