cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA5505 Blocking internet Access Detection On Windows when there is.

JPS
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all, 

I have a group of 8 people connecting to a CISCO5505 as our office Firewall.   We have been working with it just fine over the last 3 years, however for some reason 3 Laptops started presenting No internet Connectivity message in the Windows Network and Sharing Center. 

The problem appears when using WIFI and LAN connections.   The only way to solve the problem seems to reset connection in the computer multiple times until it gives the "Internet access" status.

Any idea, or have you experience the same in the past?  

2 Replies 2

Hello @JPS

I faced similar problem years ago when working for a very large company. On this case, they find a solution by creating some rule on the Windows which disabled Wi-Fi adapter when cable was plugged and vice-versa to avoid both connection at the same time.  They also did the same rule for Linux machines.

Not sure if your situation was similar but the problem looks similar.

Unfortunately as I was the Wi-Fi guy only, i did not know how specifically they did.

Maybe you can get further assistance on Operational System forum.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thank you for the reply , I should have mentioned that it happens with either, Lan or Wifi connection Every time I reboot computer.

The strange thing is that it only happens in my office, but when I am at hotels, hotspots, my home I dont experience same issue.   So the only thing that changes would be the cisco asa5505.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card