Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA5506X FIREPOWER BEHIND ETISALAT ISP MODEM

liju1488
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our customer is a small buisness setup below 50 users, they are currently having an AZUS router normal connected to an old 3Com ethernet switch. they asked for upgrade of network with security. so i suggested them Cisco ASA 5506X and cisco smb 300 series gigabit 24 port switch. and also they have a pabx connected to this azus router also. their ISP i think is connected to this router with PPPoE. can anyone suggest the configuration for setting this up behind an ISP. and its just simple network they dont have diffrent vlans or anything like that...Kindly help if anyone worked with this ASA. im not much into security as i am CCNA routing&Switching only. i suggested them cisco coz i think its more relaible and stable solution even wen it comes to small buisness scenario. and its a great chance for me to learn too. hoping helpful replies.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are not interested in putting in place some DMZ, that you could deploy your ASA in transparent mode, between the switch and the AZUS router. this way all your LAN client could keep using the same default gateway (assuming it is the same AZUS router).  if you want to run it in routed mode, you will need a new subnet between your ASUS RTR and ASA for outside interface and make your ASA the default gateway for your LAN clients.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

hi sir,

is it not possible to just replace the azuz router and deploy this 5506 asa so it can be pass traffic between lan and the isp wan. the outside interface i think shud be configured for dhcp and pppoe 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card