Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA5545 FirePOWER IPS License

Ashish Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

Need your help to understand the licensing of Cisco ASA5545 FirePOWER IPS.

I have 2 ASA 5545-X with FirePOWER Services, out of the box I have received the ASA 5545-X with FirePOWER Services (ASA5545-CTRL-LIC) on paper.

I have installed Firesight Management Center and installed 2 Control licenses on that.

I have 2 more quantity of Cisco ASA5545 FirePOWER IPS License listed in our BOQ but don't know how to get that.

When I use firesight management center, it shows me as following.

Maximum ASA5545 Licenses
Protection  (Used) 2  (2)
Control  (Used) 2  (2)
URL Filtering  (Used) 0  (0)
Malware  (Used) 0  (0)
VPN  (Used) 0  (0)
ASA5545
License Type Status Number of Licenses Expires
Protection
Control
Valid License 1 Never
Protection
Control
Valid License 1 Never

Require your prompt help to get out of this issue.

Regards,

Ashish.

+91-9713063049

9 Replies 9

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

According to your list you already got the IPS license installed (Protection license). Let me know if that is indeed the case or if there is any other issue.

regards

Oliver

Thank you for quick response.

I m getting "FireSIGHT license required." message for many of the features of Firesight, like Network Discovery, Network Map, OS fingerprinting etc.

It would be great if  you can brief me on that .

Regards,

Ashish.

You need a license for FMC. In case you are using the virtual addition you may update to 6.0.

EDIT: removed false statement about fmc licensing

Currently I am using 5.3.1 on vmware.

What is the procedure to get FMC license.

You contact your cisco reseller and ask for a 2 device license for FMC (~ 500$).

I would assume you already got the license when you ordered the firepower solution, try to check the BOM for the order.

One last query,

Will I get above mentioned features if I upgrade to version 6 ?

In case you are using the virtual appliance...yes

Thank you :)

My previous statement about FMCv was incorrect, sorry. You still need a license key for the virtual FMC, even in 6.0. 

I had issues with license activation for FMC 6.x (pop-up that states license is no longer required), but you still have to order the license according to cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card