cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASDM application

Kurt Warner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5520 and I'm trying to use the ASDM application to manage it. I downloaded the app, installed it, put the ASA IP address in with credentials and click connect. It says trying to connect and just hangs there and never connects.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

prateeve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do "show run all ssl" , if ssl encryption is not 3DES enable ssl encryption 3des. ALso check the java version on your destop , if you are using ASDM 7.0 or above it should java 7 otherwise jave 6.

- Prateek Verma

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Did you access the ASA with Web browser to install ASDM on your PC?

Have you confirmed from console that the configurations required for ASDM are configured on the ASA?

Is there an ASDM imagine file present on the ASA Flash?

- Jouni

Yes i can access this from the web browser, this is a new pc i have the same IP though . Could it be a flash issue?

Hi,

I would imagine that if you can get to the initial page through which you can start the ASDM Install on the ASA itself that you could be able to connect to the ASA with the ASDM.

Maybe its something related to Java as its a new PC that you are using?

Here is one ASDM troubleshooting related document if its of any help

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15016

- Jouni

prateeve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do "show run all ssl" , if ssl encryption is not 3DES enable ssl encryption 3des. ALso check the java version on your destop , if you are using ASDM 7.0 or above it should java 7 otherwise jave 6.

- Prateek Verma

That maybe it i am running Java version 7 and adsm 6. I will test and report back

once i installed asdm 7 it worked great

Hi,

That's great. Please let us know if you have any other issue.

- Prateek Verma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card