Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower 1010 - ASA Software

Simon.peters1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Really quick question, can the Cisco Firepower 1010 run the Cisco ASA software? The below suggests that it will support the asa software in a future release?

Thanks!

The Cisco Firepower® 1000 Series is a family of three threat-focused Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) security platforms that deliver business resiliency through superior threat defense. It offers exceptional sustained performance when advanced threat functions are enabled. The 1000 Series’ throughput range addresses use cases from the small office, home office, remote branch office to the Internet edge. The 1000 Series platforms run Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD). Support for Cisco® Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewall will be added in a later release.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The Firepower 1010 already supports ASA, version 9.13.1 released in sept. Download here.

You should be fine to re-image, no plans to EOL ASA code yet.

HTH

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As of now yes you're understand correct: below matrix will help you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/compatibility/firepower-compatibility.html

F 1010 is a lower-end model designed for a small office to replace ASA to the FTD migration path.

So if you looking ASA code, i would suggest looking for model 55XX-X models.

As per my understanding Eventually, ASA code will not have any updated in the future  once Firepower stable

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your reply!

I understand the replacement of the ASA with Firepower and we are looking at the 1010 as a replacement but I wanted to know if they will for the time being run ASA code.

Are you aware of the process to run ASA code on the 1010?

Many thanks

Hi,

The Firepower 1010 already supports ASA, version 9.13.1 released in sept. Download here.

You should be fine to re-image, no plans to EOL ASA code yet.

HTH

Many thanks!

Do you happen to have a re-image guide for the 1010?

Here is the re-imaging guide for ASA/FTD, this covers FPR1000 series.

HTH

Thanks very much!

The link doesn't appear to work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card