Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco Firewall Clock Signal Component Failure–Replacement

Hi All.

I bought 5506-X firewall in January and also bought license 3 year subscription (URL,AMP,MALWARE). now just recently find out 5506-X had a clock component issue and it will die in 18 month time. i have no software and hardware support. i bought this to prepare for exam and lab purpose.

i email to clock-signal-replacement@cisco.com but it more than 4 days no one reply me. i am worried i spend a lot of money to buying the firewall and the license.  how can i get a replacement part?

any advise would be really appropriated. bear in mind i do not have a any support. but bought this firewall in January. 

please do not forget to rate.
16 Replies 16

As long as the manufacturing warranty is valid you will be able to replace it if it is affected.  If you do a show inventory.  What is the output under Chassis?  as long as it doesn't say v1 or v2 then you are not affected.

Where did you buy it from?

fill out this form and the spreadsheet will tell you if you are affected or not.

The reason you have not heard back from Cisco is most likely there are thousands cases being reported.  If you are affected then expect to wait a little bit as major businesses will most likely be prioritized.

for more information about the issue see the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/clock-signal.html#~orderember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

And if you bought a brand new ASA then you have at least 18 months to go before you should experience any issues.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

show inventory shows VID: V02

bought this firewall from an electronic shop (similar to PC world). yes agree might be they are busy as a huge number of clients to deal. but its more than 4 days have not heard any thing. i pay from my pocket the firewall and the licenses. so its mean a lot of me. i hope you understand what i mean. so i am just worried for my investment on cisco firewall.

did fill the form and send over to clock-signal-replacement-request@cisco.com more than 4 days no reply.

You need to be patient.  If you can't sit still and wait, i suggest going to the electronic store where you purchased it and ask them for assistance.  Keep in mind that those with support contracts will be taken care of first, and of those with support contracts (I believe) the most criticle will again take precedence...i.e. government, airports, etc.

Not that it will affect our waiting time, but this issue not only affects our cisco equipment but also other electronics that use intel microchips.  I have even heard that some cars have been affected.

--

--

Hi, just wondering if you managed to get your ASA5506x replaced yet?

I have the exact same issue, Cisco have told me this even though my serial number comes back as affected:-

"We have validated the entitlement on the information provided, and the serial numbers are not entitled to replacement at this time. 
We will only be replacing parts at this time that are entitled; during our review your component’s had been validated and are not entitled"

Not sure what the "at this time are entitled" means, but it sure looks like a "go away" statement.

I'm trying to escalate this as the we all know the device has a  material defect so they should honour a replacement firewall as a minimum. 

The email clk-signal-americas@cisco.com they provided for escalation comes back as "Unknown address error 550-'#5.1.0 Address rejected."

Thanks,

Matt

CCNP CCDP CCIP CCSP CCNP-W CCVP JNCIS-FWVPN

My clients' devices are not yet replaced.  We have so far been waiting for a little over a month.

I expect this to take quite some time as the devices have not actually failed yet.  If the devices fail, I would expect that those with support contract with Cisco will get it replaced as per their contract details.

--

--

The problem I have is that Cisco have not said they will replace my unit eventually, even though I have no warranty or support contract. The email says "not entitled" with no reason why?

This is still a SOGA/Consumer Rights Act - unit not for purpose. I am not a company, just a home user who paid £600 for faulty kit!

Thanks,

Matt

Dam how disappointed from cisco. i wont keep my hopes high after hearing from you. when i fill up the excel sheet which i downloaded from cisco clocking website. it showing was my ASA is 7 month old. i also contact to my supplier from where i bought ASA from. they only get back to me once that it. after when i chase them that said under customer right i had 30 days to return the product. so what they saying is simply no. you only spent $600. i spent 600+800 for licensing.

I am really sad my investment sank :(

Sherazrose I feel for you mate! That is crap.

Today I repeated my email asking for the escalation email address and they did not answer my question...again!

Just the same old crappy response, highlighted in bold just in case I don't understand English:-

Customers with affected products that are or were not covered by a warranty or service contract may choose to purchase a service contract to have products replaced. You may use the Cisco Service Contract Center to create quotes and place orders for Cisco service contracts: 

I told them the item is not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act/Consumer Rights Act 2015. They have one more chance then i'm contacting my credit card company and if this doesn't work i'm off to the small claims court. Warranty expiry does not affect Statutory rights.

I have literally spent thousands as a Cisco professional and to be sent away repeatedly like this is a absolute disgrace. My Firewall is 17months old, so hopefully it will dead next month so I can then hit it with a hammer and place the video on Social media for all to see! :-)

I am sorry to hear about your issue.  Did you buy the ASA directly from Cisco or a reseller?

--

--

Hi, 

I bought from a Cisco reseller in the UK. Still waiting for an update from them.

cheers,

Matt

Then it would be the reseller that you should hold accountable as they are the ones that sold you a "new" ASA5506 which is not under warranty.  

If they do not get you a replacement then it is them you should be taking to small claims.

--

--

Ok, update from Cisco reseller I bought from. They cannot replace the faulty firewall as it has not yet failed. I assume Cisco are telling the reseller that the material defect does not exist and to ignore any issues even if covered by the Consumer Rights Act. I guess we have up to 6yrs to get this resolved.

here is the update on my ASA

"We have validated the entitlement on the information provided, and the serial number is entitled.

We are working on prioritizing all the serial numbers in order to better support you. Depending on material availability and age of the product, fulfillment of order may not be immediate as Cisco is prioritizing replacement product based on age in field. UMPIRE orders are proactive replacements and do NOT adhere to normal SLAs or Service Contracts.

Please be advised we currently do not have set ETAs for order processing however you will be contacted as orders are created.  Please note serial numbers that have been installed 18 months or longer will be taking priority on replacement.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns."

are they saying simply no?

Hi,

My Cisco Reseller said these exact words:-

"We did not get any acceptance to exchange hardware which still works.

We can talk about again if it actually will be faulty."

Cheers,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: