Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FP4110 Interfaces

sulaimangd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a confusion when it comes to configuring Interfaces on the FP4110.

as i understood, here two types for Interfaces in FP4110

1- Data-type: used for the Data plane

2- Management-type: use for Management.

now if I wanted to run ASA on the appliance, I need to provision the ports in FXOS which are going to be used for Data, and which ports I reserve for Management.

my questions,

1- cant we directly use the ports in the ASA CLI without going to the FXOS and doing that?

2- In the FP4110 there's a port which is labeled Management, cant we use that Port for OOB management?

3- If i need to create Port-channels on the ASA, do i have to do it from FXOS, or it can be done directly from ASA CLI?

Thanks agains

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7
1) Nope, think of FX-OS as the provisioning layer. You assign certain resources to your application (ASA)... like on UCS (its basically the same software which runs on an fabric interconnect)
2) Nope, the management port for FX-OS cannot be exposed to your application (ASA)
3) You need to create port-channels on FX-OS

Hope that helps. :)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7
1) Nope, think of FX-OS as the provisioning layer. You assign certain resources to your application (ASA)... like on UCS (its basically the same software which runs on an fabric interconnect)
2) Nope, the management port for FX-OS cannot be exposed to your application (ASA)
3) You need to create port-channels on FX-OS

Hope that helps. :)
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card