cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PIX 501 Password Reset File (version 6.3)

BrandonAxtmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently was given two PIX 501's to just mess around with.
The problem is, that I don't know the password. I checked online and saw that cisco had a password reset file. When i click the direct link, the link on cisco's site is dead. I know these devices are 17-18 years old now, so it makes sense that those links would not work anymore.

So I am wondering, if there is anywhere on Cisco's site that still has these files, and if not, is there somewhere I can get them?

I don't have any service contracts, but I am wondering if Cisco still might be able to get that file for me?

One guide I read said that I could ftp into ftp.cisco.com and get the file that way, but I can't even get authenticated with my user & pass (CCO) to get the file that way. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Brandon Axtmann

2 Replies 2

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @BrandonAxtmann,

Parent directory to the rescue. You can simply type 'Parent Directory <password file name.bin>' and paste into Google.

You might be surprised by the results.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

It is very responsible that you want to erase the config before dumping the unit into the trash can. If you don't find the file, you could also physically destroy the unit before dumping it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card