cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PIX FW PDM doesn't load in the browser..

masoodabooali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this Cisco PIX 6.3(3) with PDM version 3.0 (4) installed and I can see in the show version. I also see that VPN-DES is enabled as I did gget a Free License from Cisco and inserted that activation key and reloaded the device.

I am using this in a Lab environmnet and have configured basic configuration and basic routing and NAT per Cisco documnet but when I load a browser (IE) and type: https://192.168.1.1

the PDM doesn't load. i don't even get prompted for a certificate!?

I am using an Ethernet RJ-45 X-Over cable connecting PIX inside interface directly to my PC.

I have checked the java plug-in and the machine is running the latest. I don't know if I have missed anything and will appreciate if you guys can please help me out with this problem.

Please send email reply to masoodabooali@yahoo.com as I don't have access to the email address listed at this time and fo rthe next two weeks.

Best Regards,

Masood

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I would say no because it is not listed, however give it a try, just make sure that the java is the one that I suggested.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Masood,

I hope you are doing great. PDM is very old and I dont think it is going to work with the latest java version/IE browser. I will suggest you to pick a laptop or a computer with windows XP and to download java 6 update 7 and try again.

Let us know.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Thanks Mike for responding. just to clarify, I have IE version 8 and Java Plug in

1.6..(Latest Java Plug-in)

do I need to install a different version of PDM on the PIX or my problem might be just due to the Java Plug-ins incompatibity?

Regards,

Masood

Hello,

This are the supported platforms for the current PDM that you have

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/pdm30/release/notes/pdmrn303.html#wp109876

However, Not even the latest version of PDM will support IE8 nor the latest java. So please try with an explorer 6 and the java 6 update 7.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Mike, How about A Firefox browser? I see Netscape is listed but no Firefox?

Regards,

Masood

Hello,

I would say no because it is not listed, however give it a try, just make sure that the java is the one that I suggested.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike

Thanks Mike. I consider this as correct response. Thanks for your efforts. I see

what I can do aout the IE and my version of PDM + Java.

Regards,

Masood

Hello Masood,

It was a pleasure helping you, anything you need just let me know.

Mike.

Mike
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card