Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration par défaut

Malek.khebbab
Level 1
Level 1

Bonjour,

Svp, comment revenir à la case de départ avec Cisco ASA 5510. ie quelle est la commande pour revenir à la configuration par défaut.

Merci

---------------------

Goodmorning,

How to return to default configration with Cisco ASA 5510 command mode?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Malek,

You can simply copy and paste the configuration for factory defualt on ASA 5510 that I have pasted above, it is the same.

Or you can now use the command "configure factory-default" to get the default settings back.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Malek,

You can use the command:

configure factory-default

Here is the guide for it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/start.html#wp1055130

But before you do it, go through what all it does, before risking something that you don't want to lose.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Rao, thanks,

what is a differrence with command

clear configure all

Here's wat the configuration wud look like if you do factory default:

ASA 5510 and Higher Default Configuration

The default factory configuration for the ASA 5510 and higher adaptive security appliance configures the following:

The management interface, Management 0/0. If you did not set the IP address in the configure factory-default command, then the IP address and mask are 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0.

The  DHCP server is enabled on the security appliance, so a PC connecting to  the interface receives an address between 192.168.1.2 and  192.168.1.254.

The HTTP server is enabled for ASDM and is accessible to users on the 192.168.1.0 network.

The configuration consists of the following commands:

interface management 0/0

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

nameif management

security-level 100

no shutdown

asdm logging informational 100

asdm history enable

http server enable

http 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 management

dhcpd address 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254 management

dhcpd lease 3600

dhcpd ping_timeout 750

dhcpd enable management

But if you do clear configure all, it would erase all the configuration completely,
you would need to do everything from very scratch, through a console cable.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

ASA 5505 Default Configuration

The default factory configuration for the ASA 5505 adaptive security appliance configures the following:

An inside VLAN 1 interface that includes the Ethernet 0/1 through 0/7 switch ports. If you did not set the IP address in the configure factory-default command, then the VLAN 1 IP address and mask are 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0.

An outside VLAN 2 interface that includes the Ethernet 0/0 switch port. VLAN 2 derives its IP address using DHCP.

The default route is also derived from DHCP.

All inside IP addresses are translated when accessing the outside using interface PAT.

By default, inside users can access the outside with an access list, and outside users are prevented from accessing the inside.

The  DHCP server is enabled on the security appliance, so a PC connecting to  the VLAN 1 interface receives an address between 192.168.1.2 and  192.168.1.254.

The HTTP server is enabled for ASDM and is accessible to users on the 192.168.1.0 network.

The configuration consists of the following commands:

interface Ethernet 0/0
   switchport access vlan 2
   no shutdown
interface Ethernet 0/1
   switchport access vlan 1
   no shutdown
interface Ethernet 0/2
   switchport access vlan 1
   no shutdown
interface Ethernet 0/3
   switchport access vlan 1
   no shutdown
interface Ethernet 0/4
   switchport access vlan 1
   no shutdown
interface Ethernet 0/5
   switchport access vlan 1
   no shutdown
interface Ethernet 0/6
   switchport access vlan 1
   no shutdown
interface Ethernet 0/7
   switchport access vlan 1
   no shutdown
interface vlan2
   nameif outside
   no shutdown
   ip address dhcp setroute
interface vlan1
   nameif inside
   ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
   security-level 100
   no shutdown
global (outside) 1 interface
nat (inside) 1 0 0
http server enable
http 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside
dhcpd address 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254 inside
dhcpd auto_config outside
dhcpd enable inside
logging asdm informational
Thanks,
Varun Rao

I'm new with the configuration "Cisco General" and "FIREWALL ASA" in particulary. so, I want to configure my ASA 5510 with a simple configuration for internet access.

After several attempts, I wanted to delete and resume operation. I used, then the command "CLEAR CONFIGURE ALL" and then the command "WRITE MEMORY"

From what I understand, I even delete all factory default configuration. So, how to return to the factory default configuration so as not finding problems.

Hi Malek,

You can simply copy and paste the configuration for factory defualt on ASA 5510 that I have pasted above, it is the same.

Or you can now use the command "configure factory-default" to get the default settings back.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Reo

Thank you for the help, it was invaluable.

Maintenance I open another descussion for configuring an ASA 5510 basic configuration of Internet access.

thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card