Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure ASA5515 switch ports

techadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am moving from ASA 5505 to ASA 5515 because we are maxing out the number of connections that the 5505 can handle.

The 5515 runs version ASA 8.6(1)2 and ASDM 6.6(1) and the 5505 version is ASA 8.2(5) ASDM 6.4(5).

On the 5505 I used e0/0, 0/2, 0/4 and 0/5 as outside port with teh switch ports feature but there is no switch port feature on the 5515.

I have tried to set the ports individually to numerous public IP addresses that I have but I get an error that they subnet is already associated with another interface.

How do I replicate the same setup on the 5515?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but the 5515X does not and will not give you the switch ports you had with the 5505. It's not just a faster 5505 as the 5505 is still being sold and there is no direct replacement in the X series.

You'd need to go with an external switch and, if you need the firewall interfaces, use subinterfaces on the 5515X

Tanks for the prompt response. I just got off the pone with TAC and basically to make this work for me I will need to get a a few more ip blocks from our ISP. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Please rate if it helped you out at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card