cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSC SSM (Failover) do not synchronize

csco10843343
Level 1
Level 1

I have register the Base license for CSC SSM for the active and passive unit, but it works only on the active, because there are no DNS Server entry in the connection settings on the passive unit. The reason why it doesn't work is that the units cannot synchronize and I don't know why.If I want login on the asa (passive) console >> session 1 there is a failure:
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
Dumping information about last error:
ERROR REPORT FILE = (N/A)
PC                = 0x400b04b7
SIGNAL            = 7
FUNCTION NAME     = (N/A)
OFFSET            = 0xFFFFFFFF
LIBRARY NAME      = (N/A)
Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further information, if there is any.
Good bye.
The password you entered does not match current password.
Login incorrect

Have anybody a idea?

Regards,

gernot

3 Replies 3

The config on both csc ssm modules are independant they don't sync. Do you have configuration on both units?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello, yes there is a configuration on both but on the passive there is no DNS entrys.  I can add an DNS Server, but after i push the save button the field is empty again.

Independant?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csc/csc60/administration/guide/csc6.pdf

Hi Gernot,

If you're getting an error message when trying to do a 'session 1' to the module, it sounds like the software on the module might be corrupt. Have you tried restarting the module with the 'hw-module module 1 reset' command on the ASA (this will cause a failover of the ASAs if you do this on the Active unit)?

If a reset doesn't fix it, you'll probably need to re-image the module. The procedure for that can be found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1323

Also, I would recommend upgrading the CSC modules to at least 6.3.1172.3 (there are a few bugs in 6.3.1172.4 that you might want to avoid for now) if you haven't already done so. This will get you the fix for this bug:

CSCsw47365 - CSC: Changing DNS settings via the CSC Web GUI does not take effect

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card