cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CX Licenses

limlayhin
Level 1
Level 1

When we bought ASA 5525X Firewall last year, license we bought was ASA5525-AW1Y-PR=.

One year passed and we need to renew subscription. 

Which one below should we purchase? 

A) "ASA5525-AW1Y-PR" ==>  ASA 5525-X CX AVC and Web Security Essentials; 1-year(Promotion)

OR

B) "L-ASA5525-AW1Y-PR=" ==>  ASA 5525-X CX AVC and Web Security Essentials; 1-year(Promotion eDelivery Spare)

By the way, is the promotion license still available this year? 

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You do not want the promo. The part number you want to order is ASA5525-AW1Y=

Hi Collin,

Thanks for the reply. 

Is there any reason that I should not go for promo? Is it for 1st time purchase only? 

Do you know any Cisco site reference where I can get detail of such info? 

By the way, do you know the difference between eDelivery Spare and no eDelivery Spare? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

The promo is not just for the license, it's also for the hardware. 

I'm a partner and I'm looking at it with partner tools. You can contact your reseller for verification.

With eDelivery you will get an email from Cisco with your PAK and no eDelivery you will be shipped a paper copy of your PAK. eDelivery, as you would expect, is much quicker.

Thanks...

limlayhin
Level 1
Level 1

Just to close the loop. 

I had successfully renew my cisco ASA 5525 license. 

Item that I purchase: 

L-ASA5525-AW1Y-PR=

Promotion license is still available.

When e-Delivery is choose, I receive license through email instead of mail delivery; save paper, save transport, save cost, save mother nature. :-) 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card